THE SOMERSET ISD EDUCATION FOUNDATION WILL ACHIEVE ITS MISSION BY DIRECTING RESOURCES TOWARD THE FOLLOWING GOALS:
· Focus on academic needs of students and teachers
· Engaging all students in their pursuit of excellence
· Foster a climate of excellence through creative teaching
· Provide educators with essential and additional funding beyond school
budgets for progressive projects
· Providing funds for basic needs for at-risk students
· Contribute the maximum incentives to positively impact our main
stakeholders—Somerset ISD students and educators
WHY WAS THE FOUNDATION ESTABLISHED?
The Education Foundation was established to form a partnership between the community, businesses, civic organizations and parents to provide much needed funds to the school district. Somerset ISD spreads over portions of Bexar and Atascosa counties, serving more than 3900 students on six school campuses. As a Title I district, approximately eight out of every ten (82%) students in SISD are considered economically disadvantaged. SISD believes all children deserve a chance to succeed. That is why the Education Foundation was created, to support the district in providing all students that opportunity to excel.
WHO GOVERNS THE FOUNDATION?
The Somerset ISD Education Foundation is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors representative of the community and is a 501 © (3) nonprofit tax-exempt charitable organization. The Foundation is a separate legal entity and is governed by state and federal law separate from the school district. While the foundation operates independently of SISD, it shares the district’s vision of enhancing education and student achievement.
THE SCOPE OF SOMERSET ISD EDUCATION FOUNDATION…
· Is a 501© (3) nonprofit tax-exempt philanthropic charitable organization
· Supports Somerset ISD curriculum—with a focus on innovative teaching in
technology, mathematics, science and literacy
· Enhances and promotes visibility and value of SISD in the community
· Offers SISD community, businesses and visitors a direct path to impact
STUDENTS…as imagination and determinations are sparked
TEACHERS…as creative ideas are encouraged and funded
BUSINESSES…as an inspired workforce, ready to meet the future, is created
COMMUNITIES…as quality of life and economic growth are directly related to the quality of education